Another day another open mic errr mike. Whatever. This is at The Acoustic Brew in Voluntown. They only sell beer and coffee, but one may bring their own chow. It was a small crowd, probably due to the nice weather. Sunday afternoons are best for gardening and hiking, but this was nice, and stepping out to the smoking area out back I managed to sight a Perigrine or a Cooper's Hawk. The folks had some talent to show though. And the few from Webster, that didn't want to play, had a great time and joined in with shake eggs provide at the bar! Impromptu bands were formed, and a great feeling of camaraderie had me smiling all the way home. Worth the trip, and I was home in time for dinner. Could have made it to the Stomping Grounds that night if the wife had lost a filling.
Popular posts from this blog
Barn Island Wildlife Management Area
Today I ended the summer with a short visit to Barn Island Wildlife Management Area . There is a boat launch ramp here, with a smaller canoe launch aside it. The 60 parking spaces , large enough for pickups with boat trailers, were filled this Labor Day and cars were parked on the road back to the entrance! It would, however, be difficult to feel crowded on this 1013 acre (409 hectare) coastal preserve . I did find one friend though.
Hello America!
I've already traveled around the world once. I was very young and stupid and the memories are very occluded by past actions and time. Hopefully I'll be able to do this again once I grow up. Diego Garcia. Been there, done that. Wish I could remember it. For now I shall content myself to travel the good ole USA. From Connecticut tothe Skyline Drive to the Grand Canyon to Yosemite then Yellowstone. From Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine. I hope to blog daily on this trip, if only to help collect my thoughts. Tired days may end up being poorly written in a puddle of consciousness. If there is a place you think I should see, shout it out, our route is flexible enough to take the occasional detour. Here's a rough map of the trip. Feel free to suggest a change by commenting here. I am taking my camera, a guitar and my father-in-law. I do hope to find a few venues to play. I know I'll find scenery and people to photograph. Perhaps you can suggest an open mic ...
Comments
Post a Comment