I'm finding myself short on patience towards those that do not push me to be better, or worse want me to lower my expectations of myself or them. I simply am too busy to deal with that, nor do I wish to hear your new path to misery; I'm quite adept.

I am willing to let go if you will not contribute in a positive manner. So many want to only see the negative, others only the positive. There is always both; one has to see their ability to use them to advantage.

I care less today if one walks out. They should not expect me to recognize them quickly afterwards. If I am not important enough to share good times, do not expect me to share much else.

I find myself shedding a past that was largely not attempting the improbable rather than striving for the possible. Secure jobs that I didn't particularly want to pay for things I couldn't maintain.

I think I'm done with that.

Comments

  1. One learns by the aging process that time heals all and grudges are left behind for others to gather up and feel the remorse for lost times they could have had if they had taken the time to try to understand instead being selfish and inpatient,which also will be left at their doorstep in the future years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wasn't about grudges, nor is it directed at any particular individual. It's about letting people go if they don't want to play the same game or want to drag you into their self defeating game. I have a long history of being safe and not burning bridges and placating people who value security over fulfillment. I've finally realized that I cannot accomplish want I want if I do not try. The trade off is that I may very well fail.

    I'm OK with that. If others are not, they need to leave me alone. Conversely, if I do not wish to play another's game, I need to leave them to their own distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was talking in general not to a specific statement or person. We all have different thoughts about different things. Please afford me to have my general thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!