Gratitude.

In 1984 I saw the Grateful Dead on City Island.
 A friend unknowingly dropped his shirt.
 A stranger grabbed it and ran 
to catch up to him and return it. 
 
My friend was stunned and surprised by this action. I was not.  
I believe that difference is why we drifted apart.
I dropped my keys at the Jerry Bear Picnic yesterday.
 The audience had a grateful giggle when asked "has anyone seen any keys?" and waved their own keychains in the air. It was funny, even to me.
 
 Later that evening, I was called by a park Ranger.
He informed me my keys were indeed turned in, and I have since picked them up.
That such a family,
 dog, and child friendly event can still happen
 renews my faith in humanity.

Feel free to download and share these photos and this blog. For full resolution or prints, go here.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!