Rt 66 and Tuckie Road.

Just before we went to Peak's Island, a friend mentioned that she knew where no less than 5 Blue Heron nests were. 
 I asked that she take me there.
 She brought her youngest daughter.
 
Here's the pictures I hoped to take. 
But as happens so often 
 these Herons

were overshadowed  
 by the unexpected.
 

 The herons posed well enough.
 Looking this way and that.
But where there is nature 
I find the unexpected. 
Three beavers came 
 to warn me away
by slapping their tails. 
  Every mushroom, 
  



  
 cocoon

 and frog
was accentuated by this young lady's  
 squeals of delight.
Though I hate waking early, 
my company in the woods 
 human, amphibian, and avian,
 made early rising a joy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!