Wall Drug (or West of the Border).

Wall, South Dakota to Sioux Falls.
This is probably the most authentic thing I saw in Wall. The town, like most towns along US 90 in SD, is a tourist trap. But this Jeep with canoe in front of a tack shop speak true to the native landscape and culture, which I do admire.
 Our best coffee of the trip was served from a waste-oil diesel powered Bug towing a solar powered coffee kiosk. The young lady brewed us our own pot. (We have huge travel mugs!)
Antelope are the best thing I saw from the interstate. Tourist trap billboards littered the roadsides. 
But the signs were comic relief for a constant landscape.
So I got off the highway. Best thing I did all day. I will never forget the sight of meadowlarks and red-winged blackbirds flying alongside my car!
We visited the Akta Lakota Museum. Visit their website to learn more.
Goodnight all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!