Roadside America, a childhood memory!

Pretty good travel today, despite some questionable weather. I've long maintained that it does not rain on me. It is mostly because I will wait it out, after all, why step get soaked if unnecessary?
I pulled over to get the mist rising out of the mountains. Snapped a few, jump in the car and by the time I was up to speed it was raining like I was parked under a rain spout! I simply looked over at my wife and whispered "told you so". She's starting to realize that it is more about how I live than any magic power. Would I have pulled over had it been raining? Why would I?

I chose the second of the green routes planned by my GPS. That's how I stumbled on one of my favorite childhood memories. Roadside America! Anybody into miniatures, HO Trains, and every child under ten should go to this place. I'll let the website explain what it is, but the only real way is to go and see it. Here are some random pictures.
Kaufmann's was a real department store.

Shout out to Grace Young. Does behind the waterfall count? 
It was built in the first half of the 20th century, and reflect the values of the time.
All this and my beautiful wife was able to join this leg of the trip. A great and tiring day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!