Whoa! School grabbed up all my time. I'm planning a cross-country trip soon and hope to document it here. More on that later. I should finish writing my trip to NOLA.

 I was disappointed by the French Quarter. Buskers were disorganized. The dreaded "what song should we do now?" lull was heard more than music and singing. There was a bar with parrot-heads. A Lynyrd-Tucker-Brothers Band playing Stairbird to Freeway. A very long line for Preservation Hall. Zombies were flocking to these places.

 This Wednesday I went to an open mic at Bella's Martini Bar where I heard Dylan, Paul Simon, Alvin Lee, Lennon, Lewis Carroll and local poet Cloby. Performed by superb musicians.
This Thursday I saw Esperanza Spalding at Jorgensen. I expected much, and saw much more that I expected.
Walking around the French Quarter we found LC Smoove playing at 635 Bourbon Street. He got the crowd dancing, and was the musical high point of my New Orleans trip. My disappointment is that I did not find more of this.

I've been looking for music. and I've found quite a nice circle here in Connecticut. Even NOLA has trouble competing with the groups of musicians I've discovered in the Quiet Corner.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Killingly Tomato Festival

Hello America!